Tandoori Chicken is a favourite South Asian dish – we’re making it healthier by baking with traditional spices and no oil! This easy baked chicken dish is an excellent source of protein for any busy evening meal!
- 3 lbs of chicken pieces (eg. thighs, drumsticks, or breasts – no skin)
- 1 TBSP Coriander powder
- 1/2 TBSP Turmeric powder
- 1/2 TBSP Black pepper
- 1 TBSP Red chilli pepper flakes
- 2 TBSP Ginger garlic paste
- 1 TBSP Oregano
- 1 TBSP dried mint
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 TBSP Garam Masala
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 TSP Cayenne powder/chilli powder (or more, to taste)
- Preheat over to 435 degrees F / 224 degrees C.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well to completely incorporate spices as a smooth rub to completely cover all chicken pieces.
- Let chicken marinate, covered for 30 minutes, or longer in the fridge to deepen the flavours (even overnight!).
- Arrange chicken on foil-lined baking tray. Use parchment paper for complete no-stick.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until meat is completely cooked through.
- Remove from oven & enjoy!
This Tandoori chicken tastes great served with with salad, oil-free lentil soup, brown rice, whole wheat roti, or anything else you would like to enjoy with Tandoori chicken!
If you’d like to get more ideas for nutritious snacks that you can enjoy anytime as part of your healthy lifestyle, click below to get my free Top 25 Healthy Snack Ideas eBook:
What other recipes would you like to see get a “healthy makeover”? Tell us in the comments!