We’ve partnered with Greeniche Natural Health and Khush Seerat Aunty to share some great health hacks on how to make your favourite Desi recipes HEALTHY!
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 kilo minced lean meat
- 1/2 TBSP turneric powder
- 1 TBSP cumin powder
- 1 heaped TBSP chilli powder
- 1 TBSP Coriander powder
- 1/2 TBSP garam masala
- 1/2 TBSP cumin seeds
- 1 heaped TBSP spoon salt
- 2 heaped TBSP ginger garlic
- Optional: 2 chopped green chillis for extra heat & taste!
- 1000 g of frozen minced spinach cubes (2x 500g packets) OR use fresh spinach
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes (or 10-12 tomatoes)
- Dice 1 large onion in a large pot.
- Place on medium-high heat and stir them constantly in the pan for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove pan from heat. Add 1/2 kilo minced lean meat. Mix well.
- Add spices to the pot and mix well.
- Return to medium heat and stir on the heat for 2 minutes.
- Optional: Add 2 chopped green chillis for extra heat & taste!
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes so the juices release from the meat.
- Once the meat’s juices have released, uncover and add 1000 g of frozen minced spinach cubes.
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes (or 10-12 chopped tomatoes)
- Cook covered on medium for 10 minutes until well-stewed and bubbly.
Be sure to enjoy this delicious Palak Kheema with a side salad and whole wheat roti for a balanced meal! Or, enjoy with a spoon as a flavourful side dish!
If you’d like to get more ideas for nutritious snacks that you can enjoy anytime as part of your healthy lifestyle, click below to get my free Top 25 Healthy Snack Ideas eBook:
This episode was brought to you by Greeniche Stevia. Greeniche stevia is halal, 100% Vegetarian, non-GMO and dairy-free. It comes in powders, tablets and convenient packets for you to use in baking, tea, desserts, and anywhere else you may use sugar! Greeniche Stevia also includes a brand of liquid stevia, Flavorall, which is one of the only liquid stevia in the world that is alcohol-free. It comes in a wide range of delicious natural flavours, as well, which are great for smoothies or baking. To learn more about Stevia, visit amanahfitness.com/stevia to learn all about it and how you can use it as part of your healthy lifestyle. To order Greeniche stevia of Flavorall liquid stevia online, visit www.greeniche.com.