By Hajer Nakua, Recipe Developer.
Assalamu Alaikum Amanah Fitness!!
I think its safe to say that the universal favourite dip is hummus! Unfortunately, most of the store bought hummus contains many additives and sugar in attempts to make the taste and texture ‘more appealing’. What most people don’t know is that hummus can be easily made at home and tastes MUCH MUCH BETTER than any store-bought variety! All you need is a food processor and a handful of ingredients and you have an amazing side dish that can make it to any dinner table!
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- ½ cup of tahini
- 3 TBSP of olive oil
- 4-5 TBSP of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 TSP of salt
- ½ TSP of cumin
- Water as needed to make a smooth consistency
- Add the chickpeas and garlic to the food processor and pulse until the chickpeas are broken down
- In a separate bowl, mix together the tahini, olive oil and lemon juice
- Add this mixture to the food processor and pulse until a paste begins to form
- Add the salt and cumin
- Add 1 TBSP of water a time until you reach your desired consistency
- This process can take up to 20 minutes to get a pale and smooth consistency so don’t worry if you feel its taking longer than expected
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let us know what you thought!
If you try out this recipe, be sure to send us a picture and let us know if you have any other recipes you want us to try out!!
Want more healthy recipe videos? Be sure to subscribe to our new Youtube page to easily find ALL of our videos!